Sunday, May 2, 2010

Beginnings (II)


Lights and sounds add to the pictures we see to make them come alive. Lighting is so important in the scenes that strike us. The lighting adn the mood, if you will, was perfect today in OLF church and it was a beauitufl service of beginnings. The kids were making first communion, i think 26 kids in total. They all looked super spiffy in their shirts and ties and the girls were wearing white dresses with veils.

I was struck by the scene, the packed church, the lighting behind the crucifix, the families other children playing in the aisles, my friends scattered throughout the chruch looking on. As is custom, I was about five minutes late (yes i have a problem with tardiness)(and no, i cannot blame this on my bike accident) and hence, standing room only. So I slipped into the back of the churhc and let myself be renewed. Church for me, at least in the last few months, has been about just being consumed, and listening. Todays service was especially significant, because it made me think about starting over and taking Christ in to our lives fully. Combine that with the aforementioned scene, the lights and sounds, and the innocence and Hope of 26 children, and you have a world of emotion and a beautiful picture of how the world could possibly be. And even though that picture lasted all but an hour, i was filled with Hope in the next generation, the bread of Christ and the love of my half full glass suddenly full.
Thank God for this morning and thank God for the new beginnings that are offered us every day.

"Every Breathe is a second chance"- SwitchfooT
Acts 2: 42-47

No comments:

Post a Comment