Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tension and Thrill


"When I look into your eyes, I see, the tip of an iceburg,

When I look into your eyes I see, love is an iceburg,

That throws us into the sea"- Sleeping at Last


The more I live, the more I realize that our lives are lived out, or are supposed to be lived out in such contrasts. When stripped away to it's simplest form, life is truly about contrasts; live/die, Hope/give up, love/hate, peace/war and on and on. It is in the middle ground between contrasts that we are unsettled, that we forget how to live. Because even this middle ground leads, at the end of the day, to an in or an out, a truth or a falsehood. I am really starting to understand what Jesus meant when he said, "let your yes mean yes; and your no mean no. Everything else is from the evil one".


My friends, we need to lay it on the line to truly live!


As I arise into this day I forget about how nice a day I had yesturday, frought with unique and beautiful adventures. Yet, i am reminded of the day by the aches in my bones and muscles. As an outdoor athlete, sometimes going farther means feeling all kinds of sore the following day. Yet, how can I link this soreness to something that was, for all intensive purpose, good. All the while others are arising from their saturdays to soreness, yet they cannot recount it as good, maybe they cannot recount for why thier bodies hurt at all.

I believe this is where the idea and the identity of God show up. How can one tell the difference and who even cares? Between the contrasts of two relatively similar feelings, one feels at peace while the other, through smiles and tired sighs; does not.

The tension is here and yet so few choose to even acknowledge it. It is scary to be on one side, it is lonely and it hurts like hell. But it's reality. Its real and its raw and it is life. And at the end of the day, the thrill far outweighs the tension, and the iceburg is worth the climb.

Hello Love. Welcome! Move. Salvation is here.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there. I think what you have written is truly through the eyes of god and I admire your work. Continue to work through God and great things will come.
    God Bless-
    *UNKNOWN*

    ReplyDelete