Monday, March 28, 2011

a stereotype, a generation, and a young man

Dear young man,

Young man with the beer in your hand, the beer that comes in a collectable set, the kind of set that comes in thirty (what comes in sets of thirty)?

Dear young man, I am sorry, but I just don't understand.  I cannot see the point of so many drinks at once, you could come by this store again, then again, I've never quite understood, perhaps I should have asked you?

Dear young man, why is it you caught my attention?  Why is it my heart has sunk?  Do you even care what I think?

Dear young man, do I have the right to guess what you are doing with your purchase?  Should I even care?

Dear young man, are you a student or statistic?  Pretty content with life or reeling from the tension?  Somewhat found or barely understanding?  Where would you go tonight?

Is there a reason to drink alcohol at all?

Am I really Irish?

What color are your eyes?

Do you see me, right behind?

Or is there something you are trying to hide?

Are you escaping or looking to find yourself (or something else)?

What's the point?  What isn't the point?

Will you you follow your dream tonight?

Will you forgive me?

Can we grab a cup of coffee sometime?

Listen:
Moving Mountains (cover)- "can't afford this color"

No comments:

Post a Comment